Cities of Learning – Dallas
- on May 30, 2014
- at 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- by Connected Learning Alliance
An in-depth chat about how Dallas is uniting to ‘transform the city into a learning laboratory’ for youth, took place this summer.
From this Series:
- Part 1—Cities of Learning – Chicago: Connected City
- Part 2—Cities of Learning – Los Angeles: Grow. Learn. Thrive.
- Part 3—Cities of Learning – Pittsburgh
Guests for this webinar included:
- Ed Meier, Chief Operating Officer, Big Thought – As COO, Ed manages public-private partnerships that provide children in Dallas with high quality creative learning programs during school hours and beyond the school day. Prior to joining Big Thought, Ed served for three years as senior advisor at the State Department. Ed holds a juris doctorate from The University of Texas School of Law, a master’s degree from Oxford University in Modern Middle Eastern Studies, and a bachelors of arts degree from The George Washington University in International Relations.
- Erin Offord, Community Relations Director, Big Thought – Erin brings more than 15 years of experience in the field of community service and community organizing. Erin graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Broadcast Journalism and established the inaugural National Service AmeriCorps program at the University. She is the Director of Community Relations where she is leading and developing neighborhood and city level partnerships to strengthen youth and family programs for community organizations, schools and city wide facilities.
- Evan Cleveland, Instructional Specialist, Big Thought – Evan joined Big Thought as a Teaching Artist Fellow and has transitioned into a position as an instructional specialist. Much of his work revolves around the design, implementation, and assessment of Big Thought’s programs. He currently designs the training materials and leads partner training workshops for Dallas City of Learning. Evan has a Master of Fine Arts degree in Fiction from Warren Wilson College, and his writing has appeared in national and international journals.
- Margaret Bermingham, Director of Business Operations, Big Thought – Margaret provides leadership on strategic planning, process improvement initiatives and large project implementations for Big Thought, including the Dallas City of Learning. Margaret holds an MBA from The Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University, a master’s degree in Arts Management from Meadows School of the Arts at Southern Methodist University, and a bachelors of arts degree from Boston University in English and Art History.
Resources for this webinar:
- Dallas City of Learning website
- Dallas City of Learning on Facebook
- Dallas City of Learning on Twitter
- Dallas City of Learning on Instagram
- DallasNews.com: “Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings announces summer learning rewards program”
- [Google Form] Get notified of Dallas City of Learning updates
- Powered by BigThought: Make imagination a part of everyday learning
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter