Citizens in the Making—A Webinar with Connectedlearning.tv
- on Apr 22, 2014
- at 10:00 am–11:00 am
- by Educator Innovator
How can teachers help prepare students for success not only in college and career settings, but in 21st-century civic life as well? This webinar, the full title of which is Citizens in the Making: Inspiring Students to Engage in Transformative Civic Learning, explored the ways educators can help students use digital tools and their own interests to connect their academic learning to powerful projects in their communities in order to effect personal and social empowerment.
Guests for this webinar were:
- Danielle Filipiak, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Antero Garcia, Colorado State University Writing Project
- Ben Kirshner, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Ellen Middaugh, Civic Engagement Research Group
- Nicole Mirra, UCLA Writing Project
- Paul Oh, National Writing Project
View a full archive from ConnectedLearning.TV here.