Open Portfolio Project (Part 2): Documentation and Making
- on Mar 4, 2015
- at 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- by Educator Innovator
As makers embark on documenting their work through life-long portfolios, specific software, hardware, and best practices around facilitating portfolio creation are emerging as critical to this process. In this webinar, we presented the challenges and affordances of the commercially available tools and new DIY solutions for integrating the digital and physical world. We also highlighted examples of youth portfolios and portfolio experiences from the field. Open Portfolio Project members and other educators joined us to discuss how a diverse range of makerspaces use these tools, how they connect making and documentation, and the implications for the future.
NOTE: Did you miss Part 1? See the full archive, along with links to guests and resources, here.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Christina Cantrill, Senior Program Associate, National Writing Project
- Stephanie Chang, Director of Programs, Maker Education Initiative
- Beth Costa, Assistant Principal, Monticello High School
- Anna Keune, Graduate Research Assistant, Indiana University
- Kylie Peppler, Director of The Creativity Labs, Indiana University
- Jonathan Prozzi, Program Coordinator, Digital Harbor Foundation
- Brian Wolovich, President, Millvale Community Library
Resources from the webinar: