In this hangout, participants discussed how to get started making-learning with a cohort of learners. They also shared their ideas and strategies for how to proceed with making-learning, whether in an educational institution, library, makerspace, or after-school program. This hangout was hosted by Howard Rheingold and was the third in a 4-part series called “Maker-Ed: Tinkering, Inventing, Learning,” which was being co-streamed at connectedlearning.tv.
View the Conversation
During the broadcast, the conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning.
Guests for this webinar will include:
- Howard Rheingold (host), Taught social media literacies at Berkeley and Stanford, for ten years, is author of Net Smart and other books, and is creator and compiler of knowledge about digital media and learning at rheingold.com/learning
- AJ Almaguer, Independent Maker & Consultant and former Engineering Educator of the TechHive Teen program
- Lisa Brahms, Director of Learning and Research at The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and project lead for the museum’s newest permanent exhibit, the MakeShop
- Sherry Hsi, Senior Researcher at the Concord Consortium and Founder of the TechHive Teen program
- Kylie Peppler, Assistant Professor of Learning Sciences & Director of The Creativity Labs at Indiana University Bloomington
Resources for this webinar:
Photo/ John Morgan
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter