In the Classroom with Michelle Cordy
- on Apr 8, 2015
- at 10:00 am–11:00 am
- by Connected Learning Alliance
What happens when students engage in inquiry-based learning and self-select what they want to learn about?
On Wednesday, April 8 from 10-11am PT (1-2pm ET), come learn about Michelle Cordy’s classroom to find out. Michelle, a Grade 3 teacher in London, Ontario, Canada, will discuss with Howard Rheingold how her students use books, online databases, the internet, and various apps such as Instagrok to immerse and explore topics. She’ll also describe how they gather information both on paper and digitally and share their learning through slides, movies, mind maps and more.
This webinar is part of an April 2015 series titled Connected Learning in the Classroom: Conversations from the Field with Howard Rheingold, Creator of Social Media Classroom. Check out all the details athttp://bit.ly/CLClassroom
From this Series:
- Part 2—In the Classroom with Don Wettrick
- Part 3—In the Classroom with David Preston
- Part 4—Co-learning in a Hybrid Environment
View the Conversation
During the broadcast, the conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Howard Rheingold – Critic, writer and teacher
- Don Wettrick – Innovation Class teacher at Noblesville High School in Indiana
Resources for this webinar:
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter