Live from DML2013: Remixing Citizenship, Remaking Democracy
- on Mar 15, 2013
- at 8:45am–10:45am
- by Connected Learning Alliance
Plenary Session #1 of the 2013 Digital Media & Learning Conference – 11am-12:30pm CT. Exploring the various contexts through which young people’s community engagement are creating opportunities for civic engagement.
Addressing the various forms and contexts through which young people’s engagement in their communities and networked publics are creating distinct opportunities for civic engagement, and expanding what it means to be a citizen in the 21st century.
From this Series:
- Part 1—Craig Watkins – Democratic Futures: Mobilizing Voices, and Remixing Youth Participation
- Part 2—Live from DML2013: Opening Keynote
- Part 3—Live from DML2013: Ignite Talks, Round One
- Part 5—Live from DML2013: Youth, Pop Culture, and Participatory Politics
- Part 6—Live from DML2013: Ignite Talks, Round Two
Guests for this webinar included:
- danah boyd – a Senior Researcher at Microsoft Research, a Fellow at Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society, and a Research Fellow of the Born This Way Foundation
- Astrid Silva – a DREAM Act activist based in Nevada, and an organizer with DREAM Big Vegas (dreambigvegas.com)
- Rob “Biko” Baker – Executive Director of the League of Young Voters Education, and serves on the New Organizing Institute’s board
- Cathy Cohen – David and Mary Winton Green Professor of Political Science and the College at the University of Chicago, and founder/director of the Black Youth Project
Resources for this webinar:
To view ignite talks from last year’s DML Conference, click here.
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter