Making This Summer Significant for Youths
- on Jun 2, 2015
- at 9:00 am–10:00 am
- by Connected Learning Alliance
What are some ways to engage young people in summer programs to give them an authentic learning experience?
On Tuesday, June 2 from 9:00am-10:00am PT (noon-1:00pm ET), host Sybil Madison-Boyd conversed with representatives from Chicago City of Learning partner organizations–Alex Cornwell from Chicago Lights, Na-Tae’ Thompson from True Star, and Vaughn Bryant from Chicago Park District. They discussed summer programs and events for youth in Chicago and described strategies for engaging youth, along with some of the unique challenges involved.
This webinar was part of a June 2015 series titled Spotlight on Cities of Learning, in which COL cities described their work to engage youth over the summer.
Cities of Learning is a national effort to remake learning into an exciting enterprise that prepares all young people for the world they live in today and will work in tomorrow by bringing together all of a city’s resources. Cities of Learning offers a variety of free and affordable in-person and online learning opportunities where young people can earn digital badges to showcase their learning achievements.
Check out all the details at http://bit.ly/CitiesOfLearning
From this Series:
- Part 2—Learning Pathways: Creating Opportunities for Deeper Student Engagement In and Out of School
- Part 3—Turning Pittsburgh into a Campus for Learning
- Part 4—View From a Startup: Cities of Learning in Washington, D.C.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Sybil Madison-Boyd (host) – Chicago City of Learning – Digital Youth Network
- Alex Cornwell – Chicago Lights
- Na-Tae’ Thompson – True Star
- Vaughn Bryant – Chicago Park District
Resources for this webinar:
- Cities of Learning
- Chicago City of Learning
- Digital Youth Network
- Chicago Lights
- True Star
- Chicago Park District
Photo/Chicago City of Learning