Turning Pittsburgh into a Campus for Learning
- on Jun 18, 2015
- at 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- by Connected Learning Alliance
What does it take to connect learning across Pittsburgh?
On Thursday, June 18 from noon-1:00pm PT (3:00pm-4:00pm ET), host Tim Cook, from The Sprout Fund, talked with representatives from Pittsburgh City of Learning partner organizations – James Doyle and Jennifer Herr from Pittsburgh Public Schools, Kelly Rottmund from the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, and Markese Long from the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board.
Pittsburgh City of Learning has brought together a diverse set of partners to provide more young people with greater access to learning opportunities happening in their neighborhoods, and across the city. But how can these opportunities be linked together so that learners stay engaged and can level up their learning in future programs? This webinar focused on the early steps Pittsburgh City of Learning partners are taking to create personalized learning pathways for young people.
Our guest speakers addressed questions via the Hangout “Q&A” feature or on Twitter.
This webinar was part of a June 2015 series titled Spotlight on Cities of Learning, in which COL cities described their work to engage youth over the summer.
Cities of Learning is a national effort to remake learning into an exciting enterprise that prepares all young people for the world they live in today and will work in tomorrow by bringing together all of a city’s resources. Cities of Learning offers a variety of free and affordable in-person and online learning opportunities where young people can earn digital badges to showcase their learning achievements.
Check out all the details at http://bit.ly/CitiesOfLearning
From this Series:
- Part 1—Making This Summer Significant for Youths
- Part 2—Learning Pathways: Creating Opportunities for Deeper Student Engagement In and Out of School
- Part 4—View From a Startup: Cities of Learning in Washington, D.C.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Tim Cook (host) – The Sprout Fund
- James Doyle – Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Jennifer Herr – Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Kelly Rottmund – Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Resources for this webinar:
- Cities of Learning
- Pittsburgh City of Learning
- District of Learning on Twitter
- Remake Learning
- Remake Learning Competencies
- The Labs @ Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Teen Summer Reading
- Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter