April 24, 2013
Webmaker Mentors teach digital literacy and webmaking to the world. We’re a global community of techies, educators, instructors and friendly humans like you. So join us! Sign up for our free and open online course for mentors, running May 2 to June 30. Anyone curious about teaching the web and digital literacy — through fun making and building. All levels of experience are welcome — from mentors, educators, teachers, instructors and librarians, to makers, youth, parents and Mozillians.
How does it work?
Each week, we’ll introduce new topics and facilitate conversations and activities across a range of easy online channels. All you need to do is:
- Sign up to the right and get started
- Join the Google+ Webmaker Community to meet fellow participants and discuss the course.
- Connect your blog to the course blog hub. Share what you’re making and doing, ask questions of the community and get feedback from peers.
- Get help and ask questions any time through #teachtheweb
- This is flexibile! Participate as your schedule allows. You can design your own participation in live sessions and online discussions.
- Check-in weekly each Thursday. Contribute to ongoing conversations via Google Plus and Twitter chats.
- Attend an online meet-up with other course participants on May 2, May 23, June 13 at 4pm UTC (Tech TBD!)
- See how it works in the graphic below.