April 18, 2014
By Laura Hilliger, Mozilla Foundation Training and Curriculum Lead
Mozilla’s Webmaker Training is all about connection. It is about connecting with other people who are passionate about spreading digital and web literacies. It is the interaction with the people around you that will make this a successful learning experience. Webmaker Training is meant to be a social collaboration, rather than a solo deep dive into content.
There are four modules, think of them as separate courses, to help people master the theory behind Webmaker; the Webmaker tools and curriculum; the art of participatory learning; and the technical and social skills necessary to collaborate and work in the open.
Each module will be facilitated by Webmaker and P2PU for a week, but the fun never stops! You can participate however you wish and receive notices only for the module(s) you’re interested in. In the end, Webmaker Training is what you make of it!
Join us LIVE:
- Each week we will host a Twitter Chat using #teachtheweb.
- Each week we will host a HOMAGO session that will be broadcast live and archived on YouTube.
- Each week will use a large section of the TeachTheWeb call to discuss the content and concepts.
- Exploring Module: Starting May 12th and facilitated until May 18th
Learn about the theoretical frameworks and pedagogies (teaching methods) behind Webmaker. This module helps you understand the web as an ecosystem and why an open web is so important.
- Building Module: Starting May 19th and facilitated until May 25th
Develop open educational resources that embed web literacy and making skills with other topics, such as history or biology (or that you might already be teaching). Using open practices, you’ll make learning materials that are relevant, free, and designed for others to use and remix.
- Facilitating Module: Starting May 26th and facilitated until June 1st
Put theory into practice. In this module, you’ll learn how to use open and participatory learning techniques to teach digital and web literacy skills in your classroom, during a workshop, or at an event.
- Connecting Module: Starting June 2nd and facilitated until June 8th
Amplify your work and reach more people by making connections in your local community as well as within Webmaker’s global community. In this module, you’ll learn how building relationships can help you achieve greater impact.
You can sign up here and choose the module(s) you want to participate in!