August 18, 2016
04:00 - 05:00 PDT
Join NEXMAP for a back to school series,”Literacy, Craft, Civic Engagement – A Paper Circuitry Project for L2P 2.0,” spanning August and September that explores how young people can use paper circuitry to voice their opinions and showcase creative expression. The NEXMAP team will help both educators and young people explore how to use paper circuitry to write a letter to the next president and provide templates for easily doing so. This series of webinars features teacher leaders from California, Texas and Ohio and addresses the many ways paper and electronics support multiple literacies and creative learning. The first session, Part I, on 8/18, introduced sample projects from contributors Kate Hodges, Molly Adams and Anna Marie Warren. The second session, Part II on 8/25, digs into practical implementation strategies for working with students and sharing the approach and practices with colleagues. The third and final webinar on 9/8 will feature Jeannine Huffman and highlight opportunities for more complex paper circuitry projects using the ATtiny85 microcontroller.
This hangout was produced in support of Letters to the Next President 2.0, a project engaging youth in civic participation on issues and topics that matter to them in the US Presidential Election. It was also `co-streamed at connectedlearning.tv.
View the Conversation
During the broadcast, the conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #2nextprez.
Participants for this Webinar Included:
- David Cole (host), NEXMAP.
- Molly Adams, English Teacher, Waxahachie ISD, NWP Teacher Consultant.
- Kate Hodges, English Teacher, ELA High School Teacher at Oak Hills Local School District.
- Jeannine Huffman, Adjunct Faculty and Doctoral Student at Teachers College of San Joaquin.
- Anna Marie Warren, English Teacher, Waxahachie ISD.
Resources for this webinar:
- 21st Century Notebooking
- 21st Century Notebooking G+ Community
- Pre-Session Conversations with Kate Hodges & Jeannine Huffman and Molly Adams & Anne Marie Warren
- Letters to the Next President 2.0
- National Writing Project
- The Frank Effect – blog from Kate Hodges with teaching resources
- L2P 2.0 lesson template from Kate Hodges
- Molly Adams’ YouTube Playlist – “Paper Circuitry Resources”
- Resources Folder from Molly Adams (inlcludes Makeology images, handouts, videos, related project ideas, and related presentations or slide decks on the work)
- Molly Adams’ website and Hack Your Notebook Resources Archive
- Hacking the Notebook Resources
- Lectrokit site for purchasing materials
- Jeannine Huffman at Weebly
- Creative Process Worksheet from NEXMAP
Add Event to Calendar