April 30, 2015
9:00 am - 10:00 am PST
Combining a traditional face-to-face university course with social media student co-teaching and co-learning.
On Thursday, April 30 from 9-10am PT (12-1pm ET), Howard Rheingold and his former students from Berkeley and Stanford discussed perspectives on using social media in the college classroom to facilitate co-learning and co-teaching.
This webinar was part of an April 2015 series titled Connected Learning in the Classroom: Conversations from the Field with Howard Rheingold, Creator of Social Media Classroom. Check out all the details at http://bit.ly/CLClassroom
From this Series:
- Part 1—In the Classroom with Michelle Cordy
- Part 2—In the Classroom with Don Wettrick
- Part 3—In the Classroom with David Preston
View the Conversation
During the broadcast, the conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Howard Rheingold – Critic, writer, and teacher
- Laura Moorhead – Journalist for 15 years, most recently as a contributing editor at PBS Frontline/World and as a senior editor at Wired, and starting as an Assistant Professor at SFSU in August
- Kathryn Ford – Physician,mother and recently assisted Nueva Schools in curriculum planning
- Stephanie Parker – Graduate of Stanford’s Media Studies Master’s Program, and currently works on the News team at YouTube
- Johan Jessen – Designer at Google Robotics
- Lauren Kelly – Online media and content marketing professional living in San Francisco
- Brian Edgar – Writer, researcher and ventures catalyst with an interest in wellness, social movements, media and cultural change–has a PhD in education from Stanford University and works at Kumu
- Stephanie Lepp – Artist and strategist dedicated to deepening human connection in new and innovative ways, producer of DAYBREAKER, an early morning dance movement in cities worldwide, and a Research Affiliate at the Institute for the Future
- Tracy Vu – Received her undergraduate degree in Anthropology from Stanford University and is also currently pursuing a masters in Media Studies
Resources for this webinar:
Add Event to Calendar