March 16, 2013
6:45 am - 8:45 am PST
Plenary Session #2 of the 2013 Digital Media & Learning Conference- 9-10:30am CT. How is young people’s engagement with pop culture a gateway to finding their voice & place in the sphere of participatory politics?
Looking at how young people’s engagement with pop culture is a gateway to finding their voice and place in the sphere of participatory politics. Drawing from a variety of pop culture formations (including hip hop, fan cultures, etc.), the panelists consider some of the creative ways young people engage in participatory politics.
From this Series:
- Part 1—Craig Watkins – Democratic Futures: Mobilizing Voices, and Remixing Youth Participation
- Part 2—Live from DML2013: Opening Keynote
- Part 3—Live from DML2013: Ignite Talks, Round One
- Part 4—Live from DML2013: Remixing Citizenship, Remaking Democracy
- Part 6—Live from DML2013: Ignite Talks, Round Two
Guests for this webinar included:
- Henry Jenkins – Provost’s Professor of Communication, Journalism and Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California
- Andrew Slack – Co-Founder of the Harry Potter Alliance
- Mark Anthony Neal – Professor of Black Popular Culture in the Department of African and African-American Studies at Duke University
Resources for this webinar:
To view ignite talks from last year’s DML Conference, click here.
Add Event to Calendar