November 23, 2015
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm PST
Webinar focus: How are teachers innovating and creating learning experiences with Minecraft?
Host Seann Dikkers talked with guests about educators innovating with Minecraft. Once an educator is willing to try new digital media, like including a game like Minecraft, the next step is working through the challenge of integrating it into your values and goals. This conversation included educators who have created innovative learning environments both inside and outside of traditional classroom spaces. Participants discussed their innovative use of Minecraft, the logistics of creating student community there, and reflected on their own learning in the process.
The conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #ConnectedLearning.
About this series: This webinar was part of a November 2015 co-streamed CLTV series titled “Supporting Connected Learning Experiences in Minecraft,” and was organized by our partner Connected Camps.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Seann Dikkers (host), Assistant Professor in the Educational Technology division of Patton College of Education at Ohio University
- Bronwyn Stuckey, consultant, educational technologist, community of practice coach, developer and researcher in Sydney, Australia
- Diana Maliszewski, teacher-librarian at Agnes Macphail Public School in the Toronto District School Board
- Denise Colby, teacher with the Toronto District School Board, teaching at the Jean Augustine Girls’ Leadership Academy
- Steve Isaacs, Video Game Design and Development teacher at William Annin Middle School in Basking Ridge, NJ
For more info about this series, visit http://bit.ly/MinecraftCL.
Add Event to Calendar