March 13, 2014
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm PDT
With today’s new modes of learning and engagement, the opportunities to craft ever more personalized and meaningful experiences for students grow daily. Teaching in the Connected Learning Classroom is the title of this webinar as well as a new eBook published by the MacArthur Foundation and edited by National Writing Project educators. Drawing from work colleagues have shared at NWP’s Digital Is—an Educator Innovator partner—the editors have curated examples of practice into a collection that is unique in its focus on in-school examples of connected learning. In this Educator Innovator webinar, we hear from the editors and consider the implications for teaching and learning, in school and out.
If you are interested in learning more about this publication, join us for a related NWP Radio show on April 10 at 4:00pm PDT/7:00pm EDT, featuring eBook editor Bud Hunt of the Colorado State University Writing Project.
We will also be hosting a related series at Connectedlearning.tv on each Tuesday in April. More information about that series will be available soon.
Guests for this webinar were:
- Christina Cantrill, National Writing Project
- Danielle Filipiak, Wayne State Writing Project
- Antero Garcia, Colorado State University Writing Project
- Clifford Lee, Bay Area Writing Project
- Nicole Mirra, UCLA Writing Project
- Cindy O’Donnell-Allen, Colorado State University Writing Project
- Teaching in the Connected Learning Classroom
- Digital Is
- “Teaching in the Connected Learning Classroom: New Report” by Antero Garcia
- “Teacher Voices for Connected Learning” EdWeek review from Justin Reich
- “Learning in a Flat World: Connected Learning” Review from Britt Watwood on his blog
- Thrive: Five Ways to (Re)Invigorate Your Teaching by Meenoo Rami
- EDUC463 Methods of Teaching English, Cindy O’Donnell-Allen’s Classroom Blog
Add Event to Calendar