September 29, 2015
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
Webinar focus: How do we nurture our professional growth in the flurry of the school year?
About this webinar: CLTV visits with teachers who share strategies for continuing growth in the profession year-round. In partnership with CLTV, Educator Innovator simulcasted this four-part series during the month of September under the theme “Back to School: Creating the School Year We Want to Live In.”
Guests for this webinar included:
- Kim Jaxon (host) is an Associate Professor of English/Composition at California State University, Chico. She received her Ph.D. at UC Berkeley in the Language & Literacy, Society & Culture program in the Graduate School of Education.
- Paul Hankins teaches high school in Floyds Knobs, Indiana and blogs on his site These 4 Corners.
- Wendy Fairon teaches middle school in Chico, CA and is currently pursuing graduate education at High Tech High.
- Meenoo Rami is a teacher, founder of #engchat, and author of the book Thrive.
- Kim Douillard teaches elementary school and is the Director of the San Diego Area Writing Project.
About the series: In September 2015, in partnership with CLTV, we explored the foundational work educators do to make “Back to School” challenging, rewarding, and hopeful. Guests and participants thought about classroom design nurtures community, inquiry, and supports students as they come to see themselves as experts who contribute to learning environments. We also visited with educators who find ways to nurture their own professional growth throughout the busy school year. Each webinar addressed how these foundations and routines are developed beginning with day 1 in the classroom.
Add Event to Calendar