May 20, 2014
11:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
An inside look at how the city of Pittsburgh is pulled together to extend learning beyond the classroom throughout 2014.
From this Series:
- Part 1—Cities of Learning – Chicago: Connected City
- Part 2—Cities of Learning – Los Angeles: Grow. Learn. Thrive.
- Part 4—Cities of Learning – Dallas
Guests for this webinar included:
- Dustin Stiver is the Program Officer for Engagement & Collaboration at The Sprout Fund. Dustin designs the network-building, knowledge-sharing, and civic engagement activities of the organization.
- Khalif Ali is a Program Manager at The Sprout Fund. Khalif leads the Badges for Learning project, an effort to catalyze the use of digital badges across the Pittsburgh region.
- Ani Martinez is a Program Associate at The Sprout Fund. Ani leads the Digital Corps, a group of makers, educators, community members, and students working to demystify robots, code websites, investigate privacy issues, and pair mentors with teenagers.
- Corey Wittig is Digital Learning Librarian for Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. He manages The Labs @ CLP, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s teen-only Learning Lab and was recognized as a Library Journal Mover and Shaker in 2012.
- Rachel Shepherd manages the Youth & Media Program at Steeltown Entertainment Project, and for the last three years has worked with over 70 schools throughout the Pittsburgh region to use digital media to create social change and empower teens.
Resources for this webinar:
- RemakeLearning.org: “Pittsburgh Becomes a City of Learning and issues Open Call for Badges Pilot Project”
- Overview for Pittsburgh’s City of Learning Launch on June 10
- RSVP for Pittsburgh’s City of Learning Launch on June 10
- Kidsburgh.org: “Digital badges make the case for students”
- Women & Girls Foundation ‘GirlGov’
- Mozilla BadgeKit
- Make your own ‘Teaching Kit’ with Mozilla Thimble
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter
Add Event to Calendar