August 06, 2014
9:00 am - 10:00 am PST
How are Hive Learning networks around the world encouraging young people to balance knowing, making, and playing in pursuit of much-needed digital literacies and skills?
Wednesday, August 6 from 9-10m PT (12-1pm ET), we chatted with members of Hive India, Hive Berlin, and Hive Toronto about best practices when it comes to encouraging “entrepreneurial learning” in out-of-school environments.
This webinar was part of an August series called “Cultivating Global, Entrepreneurial Learners in the Networked Age.” Check out all the details at http://bit.ly/entrepreneuriallearning
From this Series:
- Part 2—Online Model U.N. – Helping Tomorrow’s Global Leaders Collaborate on Real-World Issues
- Part 3—Some of the Best Learning Happens Where You’d Least Expect
- Part 4—Solutionary Congress: Empowering and Educating Global Problem-Solvers
View the Conversation
During the broadcast, the conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Joe Wilson – Senior Strategist of the Education Cluster at MaRS (Hive Toronto), currently overseeing entrepreneurial programs for youth and school teachers
- Kathryn Meisner – Director of the Hive Toronto Learning Network
- Vikas Burri – Director of Hive India
- Vineel R. Pindi – Core leader in Hive India Community
- Lindsey Frost Cleary – Community Catalyst for the Mozilla Gigabit Community Fund
Resources for this webinar:
- HiveLearningNetworks.org: a growing constellation of communities around the globe that are championing digital skills and web literacy through connected learning.
- Hive India website
- Hive Toronto website
- Maker Party Event Map
- MOUSE’s Summer Webmaker Institute
- The “What is the Connected Learning Experience” Workshop
- Hive Toronto’s Portfolio
- Sign-up for Hive Learning Networks updates
- Join the ongoing #hivebuzz conversation on Twitter
- Chris Lawrence: “Hive Learning Networks vision, goals and conditions for impact”
- Claim your “Hive Community Member” digital badge
- The 3 Tiers of Hive Learning Networks: Events, Community, Network
- Chris Lawrence: “Hive Learning Networks helping drive Mozilla’s Maker Party”
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter
Add Event to Calendar