How the Webmaker Community Is Helping Youth Be Creative and Curious
- on Jan 22, 2015
- at 9:00 am–10:00 am
- by Connected Learning Alliance
What are “web literacy clubs,” and how are they helping youth develop lifelong learning mindsets?
On Thursday, January 22 from 9-10am PT (12-1pm ET), we introduced the “Webmaker Clubs” — what they are, and what they could become.
This webinar was part of a January 2015 series titled “Empowering Lifelong Learners by ‘Teaching the Web’ with Mozilla Webmaker”. Check out all the details at http://bit.ly/teachingtheweb.
From this Series:
- Part 1—An Introduction to ‘Teaching the Web’ and ‘Web Literacy’
- Part 3—Ongoing Learning Opportunities with Mozilla Webmaker
Guests for this webinar included:
- Laura Hilliger – Training and Curriculum Lead at Mozilla
- Meredith Summs – Associate Director, Learning Design at Mouse.org
- Su Adams – IT Technician & Co-ordinator at Staplehurst School in UK
- Amira Dhalla – Community and Campaign Manager at Mozilla
Resources for this webinar:
- Webmaker Tools: X-Ray Goggles, Thimble, Popcorn Maker, and Appmaker
- Webmaker Maker Party
- Event guides and resources to teach your Webmaker events
- Chat with the Webmaker community
- A starter ‘make’ with X-Ray Goggles from Meredith
- “Tag Tag Revolution” make
- Webmaker Training: Join anytime. Learn at your own pace.
Photos/Mozilla Webmaker’s blog
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter