Top Webinars of 2012, Part Two: Cathy Davidson & Henry Jenkins
- on Jan 3, 2013
- at 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- by Connected Learning Alliance
Part Two of a two-part recap of our most popular webinars from 2012. We replayed both webinars on Livestream on January 3.
From this Series:
View the Conversation
During the broadcast, the conversation also took place on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Cathy Davidson is a co-founder of the global learning network HASTAC, which administers the annual $2 million HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competitions, and was recently appointed by President Obama to the National Council on the Humanities. In July 2012, she was named the first educator on the six-person Board of Directors of the Mozilla Foundation. You can Follow her on Twitter at @CathyNDavidson. Her webinar originally aired on October 11, 2012.
- Henry Jenkins is currently Provost Professor of Communication, Journalism, and Cinematic Arts: a joint professorship at the USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalismand the USC School of Cinematic Arts. His research gives key insights to the success of social-networking Web sites, networked computer games, online fan communities and other advocacy organizations, and emerging news media outlets. You can Follow him on Twitter at @henryjenkins. His webinar originally aired on November 13, 2012.
Resources for this webinar:
- Cathy Davidson’s archived webinar, “Changing Higher Education to Change the World “: full video recording and other curated content
- Henry Jenkins’ archived webinar, “The Transmedia Generation: Spreadable Media, Fan Activism, and Participatory Learning”: full video recording and other curated content
#ConnectedLearning Discussion on Twitter